Magento upgradion is very important process if you have running your store in magento.Why this need? Magento community updated his CMS time by time, so if you want to update your store with new magento functionality then you need this.
There are two methods to upgrade your magento application.You can upgrade magento by SVN or Magento connect Manager.
Also Checkout other tutorial of Magento,
- How to upgrade Magento
- How to create Events and Observers in magento
- How to Override Magento Admin Template OR Theme
Option 1: Upgrading Magento with a full package or via SVN
There are following steps for upgrading Magento with a full package or via SVN.,Steps for upgrading with the
MagentoConnect Manager are below.
- Backup your database : You can take back by three method
Method 1: By Magento website: Go to
Admin-> System -> Tools -> Backups
Method 2 : You can use PHPMyAdmin (but this may fail due to time-limits on php scripts)
Method 3 : You can export in SSH by typing below command:
mysqldump -u USER -p DBNAME > dump.sql
Reimport using below command:
mysql -u USER -p DBNAME < dump.sql
Now You are done!
2 : Upgrading Magento using the Magento Connect Manager
- Go to
- Log in using a user who has full permissions.
- Make sure to select "Clear all sessions after successful install or upgrade".
- References taken from Here.